These homemade apple and fennel sausage breakfast patties are great for making a head and filled with the nostalgic sausage flavors of apple, fennel and rosemary without the seeds and nightshades!
When I first started changing my diet from a standard American diet, I remember breakfast being one of the hardest transitions. I was used to eating things for breakfast like cereal, eggs and sausage, and oatmeal. Most pre-made sausage patties are ladened with nightshades, sugar, seeds and sometimes ingredients we cannot even pronounce! So when I started experimenting with different patties for breakfast, this take took me home!
Apple, fennel, and rosemary make the perfect compliment to this homemade pork patty! My husband couldn't get over how delicious these were! But, who doesn't love a breakfast patty?
They are the perfect start to any day with any of your favorite veggies. Personally, in our house, we love to add them to a sweet potato hash or sandwiched in between an AIP biscuit! Whichever way you enjoy them they definitely make breakfast feel like breakfast again!
Homemade Apple and Fennel Sausage Breakfast Patties (CEP, AIP, Paleo, Whole 30)
Prep Time - Cook Time - Total Time
10 min 20 min 35 min
Makes 10 pattys
1 lb ground pork ( I use U.S. Wellness Meats)
1 cup fennel minced
1/4 shreadded apple
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Add the minced fennel to a pan and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until it is caramelized (not burnt)
2. set fennel aside to cool (you can stick it in the fridge for a few minutes to speed things up)
3. Once the fennel is cooled, add it to a medium sized bowl with the ground pork, shredded apple, rosemary, and salt and mix together until well combined
4. Form about a 1/4 cup of sausage mixture in patties.
5. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes and add a little cooking fat to the pan
6. Cook the patties in the pan 3 min per side (you want them to have color and caramelization) Do not overcrowd your pan because this will affect how they cook.
7. serve and enjoy!
Kellie is a wife, mamma, health coach, and recipe developer for MyCrazyJourney. Celiac disease, digestive issues and a plethora of food intolerances led her to AIP in 2014 and the CEP in 2017. She and her family have since adopted a modified version of these templates. Her goal is to inspire others to take their health into their own hands by cooking foods that are creative, fun, and contributive to health and wellness. Kellie's background is in art and education, but she has always had a passion for food and it's powerful healing properties. Many of her creations are inspired by her experiences and designed to be enjoyed by the entire family! You can find Kellie here at MyCrazyJourney writing guest posts and on Instagram.