If you notice, I love comfort food. I love making comfort food into healthy, easy recipes with lots of flavor. So I found this recipe and it inspired me to remake meatloaf into something better than meatloaf. The original is something I would definitely do if I was trying to make things “pretty” for a group or guests but for every day, I’ll stick to easy and delicious. This one cooks a little longer than I usually spend on dinner but it takes just minutes to put together. So this is how I used another recipe to make meatloaf into something a little more delicious.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tbs of fresh rosemary, chopped ( I used a little extra but I really like fresh herbs)
- 1/4 cup of fresh cranberries. If you cannot find fresh cranberries, you can replace it with chopped apples or pears.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl with your hand. The fruit will not mix so easily but just do your best.
- Get out a sheet of tin foil and an equal size sheet parchment paper. Place the parchment paper on top of the tin foil and place the meat mixture onto the parchment paper. You may have to place it on the paper in layers to evenly spread the fruit throughout the loaf.
- Wrap the paper and foil around the loaf, using the foil to form the loaf into a roll shape.
- Close the foil tightly around the top and sides.
- Poke some holes in the bottom through the foil and parchment for the fat to leak out and place the loaf into a baking dish. You can line the baking dish if you wish to catch the fat for easy clean up.
- Bake for 1 hour and slice to serve.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serves 4 small servings. I suggest serving with sautéed spinach, acorn squash and steamed asparagus. Also, check out my gut healing gravy gravy makeover recipe. Adding some sage and onions to this gravy makeover would go fabulous with this dish.
Hope you enjoy it, try it with different fruit to find the winner for your family and make it with your favorite vegetables to truly make it your own. If you like this content, make sure to join my email list so you don’t miss out on recipes, articles and offers. If you would like to give feedback, then fill out the comment form below: I love hearing from ya’l!!